Wednesday, August 21, 2013

End of the Line

Super early start this morning, out of the hotel by 4:45. Only in an airport hotel would you see other people (multiple people too) this early in the morning. After only one unsuccessful go around we managed to find the departures area, and the only traffic anywhere near the airport. Kevin made out fine getting on the plane. His layover in Boston was delayed a couple hours, but I guess other than that no problems. Though you would have to ask him more about that. I went back to the hotel for a while since it was still absurdly early and I it was only going to take me an hour to get to the farm. After one more great shower I said goodbye to hotels for a while.

My impulsive need to be early all the time got the best of me once again and I made it to Eatonville way too early. Rather than chancing no one being there to meet me I drove around the area. The town was bigger than what Kevin and I saw on our way to Mt Rainer so that was reassuring. Then it was time to get to the farm.

Meet a lot of people as soon as I got there. A little bit overwhelming but everyone was really nice. One of the girls showed me around. Everything is all on one property. There's the house, a barn, all of the pens, cabins and an RV. I was given the choice of the RV or a room in the loft of the barn. As I thought the RV was going to be cold I went with the barn loft. Bad choice. Being a barn there were a lot of flies. The final straw was a VERY large spider right above the bed. RV it is. Cold as I expected, but not until the morning. The first day I floated around and got to see all the animals. About 100 goats (I think) - babies, preteens, teens, milkers, little bucks, and bucks. There's also a horse, 4 alpaca (one of which I have to get a picture of because it is the goofiest looking animal I have ever seen), and lots of dogs. One just had puppies which are adorable! Everyone wants one.

The view from the barn loft room.

Just a friendly head but.

The cabins

A true cuddle puddle

Preteens

The barn

Feeding time

No comments:

Post a Comment